Allison Preisinger has been an integral part of the PULSE department for about two and a half years as the Audio Assistant work-study to the Instructional Media team. She has worn many hats during her time in our department and throughout her years at Berklee. Yesterday, she took her last final at Berklee and will be heading back to the west coast soon. The PULSE team has loved getting to know Allison, so we thought you should too. We wish Allison all the best!
1. What types of projects did you work on while with PULSE?
I started out doing research for music copyrights. Then I learned Filemaker and helped to put together a database that would keep track of the information for all the songs that we’re putting together. I also took the images for the Notation Mixer on the PULSE website. More recently, I’ve been helping to proof and post the music transcriptions and layouts that go online. That mainly entails listening and comparing it to the recording and comparing the recording to the notation that’s is written out.
2. What was your best experience while at Berklee?
Being able to put together a band and get my music in that setting. That was one of the highlights.
3. What advice do you have for other students at Berklee?
Make sure that you are asking a lot of questions. Get as much out of the experience as you can, without driving yourself crazy. Ask a lot of questions and don’t assume that everything is already all set or that someone is going to hand you something.
4. What are your plans for Life After Berklee or as I just decided, L.A.B., for short?
I’ll be going to the Seattle area, which is home. I’m going to get myself back into the music scene there by meeting more musicians. I will be putting a band together and trying to get gigs. I will also be looking for voice work such as studio work or background singing.
5. What was one of your favorite youtube videos from this year?
I really like is this one by a musician from Bellingham, WA:
Allison’s recordings and videos can be found on her website: www.allisonpreisinger.com
- Strange Fascination: Why We Love Bowie - January 12, 2016
- Work Study with the Digital Learning Department: Through the Eyes of a Student - December 18, 2014
- Insight from a Digital Learning Multimedia Team Work-Study: an Insider’s Tale - November 5, 2014
Leave a Reply