Berklee will once again return to San Juan for the 17th annual Berklee in Puerto Rico Program. Berklee in Puerto Rico is made possible with generous support from Berklee alumnus and Trustee Luis Alvarez ’83, vice president of Mendez & Company, Inc., and executive producer of the Puerto Rico Heineken JazzFest. In addition to helping coordinate the program, Alvarez and his corporation will donate $10,000 for the Mendez & Co. — Puerto Rico Heineken JazzFest Scholarship to be awarded at the end of the program.
We are happy to announce the list of high profile faculty members that will be teaching at the program. This includes;
• Greg Badolato (woodwinds and strings), assistant vice president for international programs,
• Eguie Castrillo (percussion), associate professor of percussion,
• Jason Camelio (special lectures), director of international programs,
• Ken Cervenka (brass), professor of brass,
• Rick Peckham (guitar), assistant chair of guitar,
• Bob Pilkington (harmony and big band), professor of jazz composition,
• Casey Scheuerull (drum set), professor of percussion,
• Oscar Stagnaro (bass), professor of bass,
• Carolyn Wilkins (piano), professor of ensembles, and
• Darcel Wilson (voice), instructor of ear training
(Please note that this list is subject to change)
Click here for more details and to apply for the 2012 Berklee in Puerto Rico program.